Wednesday, April 8, 2009

U-blog 6

With the current economic situation, i find myself wonder how this will change training and learning the workplace. Obviously some training will be trimmed down and we will be expected to do more "on the fly learning", but it makes me wonder if it will continue this way. I also wonder if this lack of learning time will effect the quality of work. I see this as creating problems for people with "subpar learning skills". I think people that currently get by doing the bare minimum will soon be let go and find themselves struggling to get a lesser job. I think we'll see a large shift in the workforce due to the current economic cituation.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is a maturing factor. All through out middle school I felt the same exact way. But I made choice from then on to work hard or else I'm going to end up with nothing and a nobody. I told myself to grow up and stop being a loser and do something with my life. Maybe school methods don't have that much impact but they give you foundational building blocks on which you change your work ethics. I was never gifted with quick learning I have to work my butt off 3 times harder then other people.
    Yes I believe that this generation will experience real life the hard way. We need a wake up call to change the way we learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve you bring up a good point. With the current economic situation, most business are trying to figure out ways to cut cost.Training is usuallay one of the first line items to get cut. The ironic part about this budget cut, is that technicians, managers, programmers, are still expected to perform and support customers above expectations with out the proper training.

    ReplyDelete